Friday, August 26, 2011

Things aren't going as planned.

I'm starting to get the feeling we are not ment to be in Livermore California. Nothing seems to be working out for us. Can't find work haven't heard back from anyone I submitted my resume to. Slowly watching our savings get lower and lower. And sitting still going stir crazy. I got a call for a job I didn't apply to and went on the interview with a weird feeling about the company.
Dawn and I tore apart our closets trying to find something for me to wear. A quick trip to walmart and I had shoes and new pants that fit. I think I look as professional as I can for short notice.

Now American income life was the company's name. They said the interview was for customer service. So I get there and got a weird feeling and googled them. Omg scam alert all over the google results. Tho I was there I decided what the heck I will go in. I turned everything I read on them into my key questions. Do I get paid hourly, salary, or just commission. I threw him off his speech they make them memorize. His response just commission. He'll no is what I was thinking.
Question 2 do I have to pay Anything to get taken on by your company? His answer stunned I did my homework on their shady company says yes um $600. Wtf um what part of people are broke and unemployed do these people not understand. Oh wait they can use your first $600 in commission to pay for the training. Next question was how often do I get paid? His answer once a month. I can go on for hours with my Q&A that blew his mind. But my favorite part was when I told him I was called in for a customer service not sales interview and swiftly removed the folder that said customer service off his desk and told me they aren't interviewing for that position. Then he quickly tried pushing me out the door like I was a threat to his soul less scheme. Um yeah I'm not getting invalid with your shady pyramid scheme place of employment. I have a soul and don't like lieing and i want to make people happy not con them like these evil people.

It still bothers me that these American life people just wasted my time with their soul less schemes.

But back home and now to figure out what's next.

I'm starting to get that gut feeling I have to learn to listen to. And it's telling me we need to get out of this area. And fast. Not only can I not find work but the trains are 30 mins away by car in the town of Dublin. Brian can't walk anywhere to get anything he needs with out it taking an hour or two and we just don't belong here. Oh and every neighborhood animal shitting in our yard suck too cause there are a million flies to the point you don't even want to go outside.

We sat down with Ed and dawn and decided we all want off this deserted island and are willing to work together to do it. There is no culture here. And I'm sick of hearing fire trucks heading to the burning hills.
I hate flies and am not liking the fact black widows breed around our house. And it's annoying me all our stuff is still in boxes cause the landlord still has all his stuff, furniture, and family pictures up on the walls here. I need my own space. Not a glorified half way house .

As of now we are planning a trip down to orange county California to see if I can secure work and a sweet 2 bedroom apartment the 4 of us can call home. We are leaving around 3am tonight and I'm praying that something works out in our favor.

So far I have been sending emails and my resume to everyone I know Down south cause they say it's not what you know but who you know. Hoping I atleast get a lead.

And I spoke to a friend who I was hoping to see while down in OC and she is heading to sequoia national park this weekend and needs a cat sitter. So I agreed we would spend the night with her kitty. This helps us a lot since we can save a few $$'s on a hotel. Thank you.

Sorry for the huge rant but I needed to get it out.

Now time to think happy thoughts pack a bag for the weekend and take a nap so I'm refreshed for this 7 hour drive. Here's to high hopes of something good happening. I will update more tomorrow.


Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment