Wednesday, August 10, 2011

New home new town day 2

Woke around 8am why can't I sleep in. Stupid time change.

I also kept waking up last night cause my new pillow was too fluffy. Finally I threw the pillow off the bed and used my stuffed animal ice bat as a pillow that was so much better. Once fully awake ........

We Started moving stuff around and cleaning for the bed to be delivered. Moved most of the furniture out of the room that was where when we moved in. Ran down to jack in the box to get fast food breakfast . This would be the first time Brian got to try jack in the box. For fast food breakfast it's not too shabby.

Got home vacuumed the house and then the bed guy showed up. Box spring up the stairs in 3 mins by him self. Then back out and in came our memory foam bed in a vacuumed sealed bag. That thing would have fit in the back of my car. He set it up and told us we couldn't sit on it for an hour so it would puff up.

So we called to find out an eta on our freight. Turned out it was there already. Now to get a uhaul. Called the place n they had one ready. Got lost trying to find the uhaul store cause I never thought it would be inside of a UPS store.

Now all the times I've moved around I have never used or been the driver in a uhaul truck. I've moved my stuff in pick up trucks and cars. One time I even strapped my whole life onto a flat bed tow truck and had it taken from one apartment to the next.

So I signed the papers swiped my ATM card and made sure I bought insurance. And believe it or not they gave me the key n showed me my truck. Brian and I hopped in and put the address into google maps on my phone (which does not talk) and off we went. After a few wrong turns and lots of laughs we made it over the San Mateo bridge and we made it there. Brian was amazed by the layer of fog that oddly lingered over San fran. He also enjoyed the ride over the bay.

When we got to the dock we met the really amazing guys who worked there. Lots of compliments about how nice my mom is, then they told me to back the truck up. I was scared but did it. I guess I'm a better uhaul driver then I thought I was. They loaded full pallets into my uhaul and we locked her up. said our thank yous and exchanged #'s. Randy and frank are super sweet amazing guys. The guys were teasing me to drive my uhaul like an 18 wheeler. They said I'm a tough lil lady like my momma. I guess that's a compliment.

And off we went back over to the east bay. When we got home Brian and I broke down the pallets and stacked our stuff neatly in the garage just leaving out clothes and stuff we knew we needed now. Then we cleaned up the truck and went to drop it off. We had only used it for 3 hours tops. Seemed like a rip off to pay so much for it but oh well it's life.

Now that we have our stuff we need food. So we headed to Safeway our local grocery store. What a shock. Groceries are about triple the price out here then they are at home and their lunch meat deli at the grocery store seriously sucks. For a can of green beans it was $1.19 for the gernic brand. Brian was upset . Due to the shock of the crazy prices we just got minimal stuff we needed that was on sale. Then back home.

I guess a little food is better then none since my appetite went missing Sunday when we got here. I don't know what is wrong with me.
Everyone figured it would have been Brian who would be home sick and a lil out of it but he's taking it just fine. I'm the one stressing.

When we got back our older room mate was on the phone talking gibberish so we decided it was coffee time.

We have been spending alot of time chatting and planning what's next in our life. We both agree we want a place of our own one day soon but this is a nice stepping stone.

I really think moving out here with Brian has really made me appreciate him more. N he is hands down the one for me. And I like the fact that we are in a round about sense growing up together. He is my best friend and together I know anything could be possible.

But any ways back to my day. yumm nothing like using a brand new coffee maker that we got for our bridal shower for the first time, to make our first cup of coffee since we got to cali.

Coffee was great.

We hung out with our other room mate till Ed got home then it was time to grill hot dogs and hang out.

I enjoy the company of friends but I do miss me and Brian time.
We had a discussion yesterday about how we should have extended our drive out by 2 more days but our car wasn't bear proof enough for Yosemite and we had to beat our freight here.

But as of now I'm sleepy and Brian is playing bass with Ed and having metal time. Tomorrow I should have all expenses tallied up so if your ever considering driving cross country you could see what we spent and how much we did. I think more people need to get out and explore theses beautiful unique states and national parks that are here for us to enjoy.

Yosemite and then crater lake are the next two road trips on my list.

Till tomorrow thanks for following and reading.


Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment