Tuesday, August 9, 2011

New home new town day 1

Brian and I woke around 9pm even though it felt like it was noon.

Time to figure out where things are and what we need. Our room mate dawn was up and explained the general layout of where things were around town.

Things to do today
1. Buy a bed
2. Pay rent and sign lease
3. Buy shampoo and stuff like that
4. Figure out where things are
5. Get comphy n wait for our stuff to arrive in San fran tuesday

So we hopped in the car and decided to check out town. Dawn showed us where target, Safeway ( which is our grocery store), and ihop (since we were hungry ) were. After that we took her to work and went on wandering town trying to find things.
We found the down town area which is so cute. We went into a furniture store and ended up buying a memory foam mattress and box spring. How exciting. Maybe i will start sleeping thru the night finally. this is the first mattress either of us have bought . I think we got a good deal and it was like laying on a cloud. I can't wait for it to be delivered tomorrow.

After buying a bed we went over to target to buy new pillows and other little things. We discovered where our bank was and where the landlords bank was and deposited our rent money to our landlord. Then decided to head home.

It was crazy trying to find things in a new town with out a gps. I must say I got lost a few times but atleast in cali you can make u turns everywhere . I feel the two of us have a pretty decent sense of direction so finding our way home wasn't a problem.

Brian says people out here drive crazy. He even says they drive worse then people in Nj.

Brian is enjoying the weather. No humidity not a cloud in the sky. The day starts out cool and around noon it starts to heat up. And at night it cools back down. You really don't need ac out here most of the day.

When we got home we straightened up the house and garage to make room for our boxes we aren't opening till we get our own place. We hung the clothes up that we had with us. And put our bathroom stuff in it's place in the bathroom.

By this time Ed and dawn came home from work and they started to BBQ chicken and corn. I haven't been too hungry since we got here but know I have to eat.
I can't wait to go healthy good shopping tomorrow.

Brian was a social butterfly enjoying his new home. I hung out in my room filling out post cards and thinking. To be honest for some reason I'm a little scared. And a little home sick. And I've only been here a day. I'm off to relax and figure out things for tomorrow like a uhaul and directions to get to San fran to get our stuff.

I like the new place it's roomy and a nice upgrade. But still can't wait to one day get our own place that we can call home and be a normal married couple. But this is a good start to the next chapter in this book called life.
Till tomorrow good night.

Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on making it guys! The best part is, you've just shuttled to the trailhead. Now the real adventure begins!

    All the best and love you guys. Can't wait to visit.

    Natedog

    ReplyDelete