Thursday, September 1, 2011

Trip to HB

Trip to HB and hurricane Irene hits NJ

Well our trip to huntington beach was an eye opener. Not only cause while we were there hurricane Irene was flooding and redecorating New Jersey. But because we realized rent down in orange county sky rocketed. we spent 3 days driving in circles collecting and calling phone numbers off for rent signs. I swear we spent all 3 days in the car. It was a god sent that we had a place to stay when the sun went down. My friend Jennifer had left town for a weekend get away to sequoia and was kind enough to leave us keys to house sit and to hang out with her adorable kitty cat. Thank you Jenn.

The best part about the trip south was that I got to enjoy comforts of home that I missed while living in the OC.

I got Vietnamese iced coffee from lees sandwiches. $1 tacos from the taco place on 3rd in long beach. And I had a pike burger from the pike bar and grill in long beach.
I also got to see my friend Kevin and his sweet mom Doreen. We also took a trip to the bar I used to work at and discorved business had taken a huge dive. I did get to enjoy swimming in the pacific ocean at sunset beach. Which may I add was amazing.

It's sad for a studio apartment in huntington beach or long beach in a good area they wanted $900 for a room as big as my bathroom. $1200 n up for a 1 bedroom and anywhere from $1500 to $2000 and up for a 2 bedroom. And for a 3 bedroom forget it.

I guess to sum it up this weekend opened my eyes to the whole reality vs fantasy. Well reality would be if I want to live in the sunshine by the beach in OC I would basically be struggling working my butt off just to have a roof over my head. And I don't even have a job down that way yet.

There would be no rebuilding our savings. There would be no traveling $$ left over. It would be struggling to pay rent all over again.

So back to Livermore a little disappointed. I guess I should be grateful that I have a roof over my head and a bed to sleep in for the time being and hope I find a job soon even if it is part time I just need a bit of income to get by and so we don't drain our savings dry.

Hopefully something works out.

I keep getting calls from family n friends back in NJ telling me I escaped NJ just in the nick of time. The earth is mad at NJ. I leave and they have a 5.6 earth quake. Then hurricane Irene.

If I was still at NANs during the Hurricane I probally would have lost my car. The storm took down a huge tree next to the driveway that fell right in my parking spot.

My fathers basement became a pool and his sewage line collapsed and still has no running water and can't use the toilet in the house.

My moms lower lot became a lake and all her firewood got washed away.

And many other people had seconds to escape their homes only to watch them get washed away in huge masses of water that used to be little pretty lakes.

Even the town of cranford where I ran a skate shop flooded and all the shops filled with water and destroyed all their merch.

My heart and prayers go out to everyone back home dealing with the aftermath of Irene.

And to those in LA and the OC that I didn't get to see or spend time with I'm sorry the trip south was strictly business and I will be back to see you soon.

For now it's time to find a job and Finnish filling out the rest of these post cards to mail to wonderful people back home and hopefully make them smile knowing I was thinking about them.

I apologize for the rant in my previous post. I was just very discouraged cause things weren't working out in our favor and being a little stubborn. I will update more later in the week and am adding more photos to the photobucket slide show in the side bar of this blog. Please enjoy.


Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment