Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 3 new home new town.

And total spending of the cross country journey

Total gas $$ spent from Nj to cali with many amazing side adventures in a 2006 Toyota Matrix $393.64 to drive 3297.3 miles

Hotels $406.19

National park fees $30

Camping fees $20

Bringing the trip to a total of $849.83 minus food and smokes.

Oh and I spent about $20 on post cards which everyone should be receiving this week.

In my opinion the time spent with Brian , meeting new people, and the places and things we saw were priceless. I'm grateful for the experience of this adventure.

Now back to day 3 in cali.


Woke to a phone call at 6am it was the realtor. Turns out nan lost important papers that the bank needs to sell the house. Not much I can do from cali. I told the realtor where to look and called nab to get everything together. There was a bitter tone in nans voice like she was mad we left her in Nj.
After I ended that call I tried to go back to sleep on my heavenly new bed.

Score. This is the most comfortable bed in the world. We both slept like baby's. Minus the 4 phone calls from people who didn't factor in that we are 3 hours behind Nj. If it's 9 am in Nj it's 6am in cali. Please take note of this.

Once I pried myself out of the worlds most comphy bed I made coffee and a small breakfast for Brian and I. Then we enjoyed a smoke out on the front porch in California's perfect weather. Brian was complaining he hasn't seen a cloud yet since we arrived in cali.

We showered and picked out outfits now off to see if I can catch the boss so we can finally meet. No such luck he had just left. Maybe tomorrow.

We headed to Hayward to sit in a waiting room for 3 hours waiting for a pack of just us pills. Womens health may be free in cali but boy do they make you wait forever. I think it may have taken them longer to process me since I didn't have a cali Id. But 3 hours later and I don't have to come back here for a year. And I'm happy I did go cause they told me the pills the dr in Nj put me on were not the ones I should be on. That would have sucked.

Tho sitting there for three hours ruined the rest of our plans for the day it was worth it and now back home.

Got home and cooked dinner for Brian, Ed, dawn, and myself. BBQ Italian chicken, spicy cheese bread, and green beans. Yum.

After dinner dawn and I were total girls trying to pick out awesome outfits to wear out. After 3 wardrobe changes and lots of giggling we were out the door and off to Oakland.

Ed loved the fact that I was driving his jeep. About 45 mins later we arrived at merchants saloon. One of the two greatest bars in Oakland. Wednesday night is metal night.

Upon walking in my friend steve welcomed me back and gave me a huge hug and the most awesome pastel picture of my self ever. A few years back he had a school art project and needed lights and models. I provided lights and helped model to test the lights.
In return I got to choose one of the 2 drawings to call my own.

We ordered up drinks and let the fun begin. The music was awesome the drinks were so good and the company was amazing. Dawn fell in love with the pinball machine and We all took pictures in the photobooth and laughed all night. A few friends from oakland came out to see me which was awesome. Keli who I used to live with came out with phayln and matt pike came out to welcome me home. I also ran into chummy who originally did my 13 tattoo on my leg.

Ed, dawn, and Brian all agreed they have found a new favorite bar and a new favorite bartender. I'm happy I could introduce them to something new in the bay area.

We headed home around 1am. I got everyone home safe even tho Eds loose steering wheel scared the heck out of me.

It was nice to get out and see everyone but now it's time for bed. I'm beat.


Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment