Sunday, September 25, 2011

Apartment hunting

We woke Tuesday morning and were off to look at more apartments. We looked at this Green living complex. It was beautiful and the building was built from recycled materials. The rugs were made from recycled bottles and so on. The rent was really reasonable and parking was available for a reasonable fee. The windows spanned from the floor to the vaulted celling. The only catch is there was a waiting list and as aposed to to checking your credit they just wanted proof of you having a job and making more than double your rent a month. So we added that to the once we get jobs to apply for. I one day want to live there badly.

We then looked at a few more places and none were as cute nor as cozy as the first one we looked at the day before. Either they didn't have parking, or were to pricy, or seemed dirty or just flat out not happy.

It turns out we showed up a week late for most of the great deals since back to school was in full effect and most of the apartments had been rented. Boo. Sad panda.

With that we headed back to the first apartment we looked at and filled out the application to be considered for renting. I explained to the woman that if they run my credit report some things still haven't been updated but I have a million pay off letters since I have been working hard to fix my credit and trying to wrong my mistakes from when I was younger. She asked me to bring in the the pay off notices the next day with a $90 application fee. So we left to gather up papers and go about our day.

We headed back to the house and dug thru boxes to find every paper needed. Just then my phone rang it was an associate at A place applied to, in response to me submitting my resume. Turns out they wanted to interview me at 5 pm on the other side of town. So a quick dumping out of suitcases in search of clothing to wear for an interview and out the door I went.

The interview was different than any other I had ever been on. It was a group interview. Step 1 they sat About 10 of us in a room with a supervisor and told us to make small talk. Step two was a computer test of all kinds of techy questions. Part 3 was a group role playing test where there were 4 supervisors in the room with the group. For some reason the guy leading the group kept looking at me and calling on me. It was a weird interview. They said they wanted to see if we could relate to the situation and see how we handled the call. It was difficult cause they didn't give us the solution and we didn't know what our boundaries were to offer help.

At the end of the interview I was handed papers to read and was told I would hear back from them within a week. Oh joy the waiting game.

I left the building back to my car and surprisingly found my way back from Beaverton without a GPS. Go me.

Once back at the house I ate dinner and started fiddling with my phone and discovered that there is a blogger app that would let me blog and upload photos and links to my blog. Why didn't someone tell me about this before.

So I began updating where I left off so you all could enjoy our adventure to a new beginning.

The next day I awoke to a yummy donut from voodoo donut in Portland waiting for me. My jelly donut was shaped and decorated like a voodoo doll all the way down to the pretzel stick spike in my donuts heart and raspberry jelly inside the donut. Picture attached below. Feel free to check out voodoo donuts website. Their donuts are unique and so much better than dunkin donuts. what a great way to start the day.

Shortly after enjoying a super good donut We were off to fax some papers, run errands and Drop off pay off notices and application fee to the lady at the apartment we want. After that was done we went back to the house to take naps so we could have enough energy to celebrate shawns birthday at Alabama Black Snakes show at the tiger bar down town. What a wonderful and crazy night. We met alot of new awesome people and hung out with good friends. I was the designated driver so the boys enjoyed their drinks. We got in later than expected. But had an amazing night.

Thank you for reading I will update more later



No comments:

Post a Comment