Friday, August 31, 2012

DAY 2 LAS VEGAS to GRAND CANYON

Good Morning. And Welcome Back ......
Ah yes We Survived the Night in Beautiful LAS VEGAS!!!

On the way out of town i took B down to Old Vegas and by Pawn Stars which had a line too long for us to care to stop. 
On our way out of town I allowed my life to complete another circle of the past as we drove by 
The Graceland Wedding Chapel. 
Yup Thats where I got married its not as pretty durning the day. 
Well Lesson Learned Thats what happens when you wake up in Vegas 
Well not this time. But you know what I'm saying. 

Time to allow the past to stay in The Past and time to move Forward and make new memories 
OFF TO THE HOOVER DAM,.
But first lets enjoy the beautiful view of Lake Mead.

The Power lines approaching The Hoover Dam are Crazy 
But make for Great Pictures. 

It was nice to be able to share the View of the Hoover Damn with My little brother. 


It was 107 Degrees out Which is no Monkey Business If you ask me. 

It was a little too Hot to walk around the whole Dam So we settled for this view.

B and i had fun discussions about how one side if Nevada and the other is Arizona. 
And according to the signs each side is in a different Time Zone too. 
Its also crazy to think this Dam was built by People hanging on wires . EEEKKK a little to scary for my liking 


upon leaving the Hoover Dam we crossed back into Nevada and then back into Arizona. 
AHHH YES another state closer to Family. 

B got bored of the desert roads and the heat and decided to take a nap. 
Lucky me he didn't mind me blasting music .

This is what the view looked like for most of the day through AZ. 
B kept asking ARE WE IN THE DESERT?
AND IF WE ARE WHY IS IT SO GREEN?

After a few hundred miles of I-40 East we made a turn off towards the Grand Canyon
With a pit stop at where else
The Flintstone Camp Ground  

Here i decided to trade my brother and my car for this Dime of a ride. 
Hopefully this Stone age Log car will get me home faster. 

Just kidding. I didn't trade my brother. 
A few miles farther down the road. 
WE ARRIVED!!!!!
The giant hole in the ground created by UMMM A RIVER?
The GRAND CANYON!!!!!!!

We even got lucky enough to see the elusive PANDA that i hear there is a one in a million chance of seeing them. 
Living life on the edge is a little scary.
Especially when its on the edge of the Grand Canyon, 
This is my new fav pic of me and my lil bro. 
Yup i ruined it by being goofy but i still love it 

What a view it is so grand that i can't get it all in the screen of my iPhone. 

So please enjoy smidgens of pics . If you have never been here i suggest you go and see it in person it truly is breath taking. 

After viewing the canyon from many different view points We went on the hunt for the Very Very Elusive Squirrel 
This sign is the only sighting we had of such a creature. 

But we did get lucky enough to see ELK. 
B swears these are big Deer 
He found out different when they started making noise and being protective of their young and lady 

There is a reason They say DO NOT APPROACH THE ANIMALS
Maybe its cause they are wild and those huge racks on their heads can hurt you. 

After nature watching and getting some exercise running from animals 
We decided to CAMP at the Grand Canyon. 
So being very very un prepared for such a decision we went and picked out an open camp ground in the Dark 
Went and found some kindling And one used Log In an empty camp sights fire pit and decided why not see if we can make a fire. 
So with combined efforts We were very successful
And all by the light of random glow sticks i had in my glove box. 
B asked why i keep such odd things in my car. 
But then again right now i have Littlest pets shop toys, Plastic indians, Glow sticks and Half of a Halloween store in my car. 
You never know what you may need and when. 
I am always prepared to kill boredom 



We got my tent out of the car. 
And upon my belongings being placed in my car upon moving out of the house in Portland 
All i remember is someone saying
"Why are you taking your tent, DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW TO SET IT UP?"
HAHAHAHA  Of course i do and i loved using it last night. 
Yes that little tent sleeps two very comphy. 

Later on in the night B and I took a walk through the woods in the dark and found more wood.  and made an even more epic fire. 

I kept telling B I was sorry i didn't pack dinner and i didn't have Beer or Booze of any sort 
But it would be the most memorable SOBER Camping trip of his life. 
We stayed up laughing and being silly playing with glow sticks. 
He kept throwing them in the air and my space cadet self kept swearing i saw a shooting star but then again the moon was so bright it was hard to see many stars. 
Around 11 PM we climbed into the tent and passed out .
Time to get some rest so we are ready for what ever kinds of adventure we may find tomorrow. 
We are hoping to take the 10 hour drive to the middle of no where Texas Tomorrow. 
Thank you for following and we will be on the look out for These Elusive animals till we meet again. 


Till NEXT TIME......


PS IM SO HAPPY I GET TO MAKE MEMORIES WITH MY LITTLE BROTHER.
FINALLY!!!!!!







2 comments:

  1. Awesome! It's so beautiful there! And yes, it does need to be seen with eyes in person to truly be taken in fully. I'm glad you are having a great trip back with your brother. Having an incredible brother is a gift in life (I know, because I have one too <3) See you soon, and happy driving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this will come in handy
    http://www.lovefraud.com/01_whatsaSociopath/key_symptoms_sociopath.html

    ReplyDelete