Thursday, August 30, 2012

CALI TO VEGAS DAY 1



Good morning and welcome to Our Road trip adventure. The fun begins here. 
This is what you have been waiting for The south bound trip East and many adventures along the way. 
A little over a year ago I took you on a journey WEST on I-80 to many amazing places now its time to go east again. 
Its funny cause upon ending up In Huntington Beach CA and updating my 1 Blog upon arriving 
I mentioned i wasn't sure if i was ready to sit still and Wanted another adventure. 
Well careful what you wish for. 
After a few mishaps in Life Here I am 
East bound and down, loaded up and truckin',We're gonna do what they say can't be done.We've got a long way to go and a short time to get there.

LOL sorry i had to. 

BACK TO THE ADVENTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We woke around 8am after a fun night in LA. to a nice calm mild breezy California Beach Day. 
I figured before leaving California my brother had to See and Touch the Pacific. 
This trip is going to be magical cause i am a firm believer that more people of younger generations need to experience more of what this country and our land has to offer there is so much beauty out there and everyone locks them selves in the house and watched the world through the TV. 
Well not i said the cat and its time to share things i love with my little Brother. 

B and I headed to Huntington Beach to go play in the ocean. 
Yes i know i still have a hurt foot but that doesn't matter to me right now.
I have to share these things with him. 

The ocean here in Cali is a lot colder than back home in NJ but so much prettier . 


This pic is B's first time in The Pacific Ocean. 
He said it was a little too cold for him but still refreshing. 

I of course couldn't resist the urge to hop on in latterly. 

We got to watch the surfers take on the morning waves. 
This little blonde boy is actually an actor/singer
I didn't feel like waiting around to get a pic of him out of the water but recognized him as he walked by 

After a trip to the ocean We headed back to pack up the car and get ready to hit the road. 
A pit stop for B to try In & Out Burger 

Then off we were. Onto the open road. 
Into the 105 degree desert. 

Upon driving on the 10 on our way to go see the Dinosaurs From Pee Wee's Big Adventure
We say this storm off in the distance. 
I didn't know what it was besides Um Rain. 
Well it turns out I drove us right into a Monsoon. 
We pulled off our exit and it started to rain so i saw a few cop cars up at a gas station so i pulled up to ask a question. They said the storm would blow over in 30 mins but stay in doors or in the car. Well OK. 
So I got back in my car just in the nick of time. Just then lighting struck right next to my car and the winds kicked up Palm Leaves and branches started hitting my car and we started rocking.
We were looking out the window and noticed the roads were flash flooding as it poured like nothing i had ever seen before. 

I had video But for some reason it won't post to my blog so Im sorry. 
In about 30 minutes the storm died down and B and i looked at each other nd started laughing that he can now say he has experienced and lived through a monsoon. 
From there we continued down the road to the Dinosaurs. 
Yup these were used as a location for a Peewee Herman Movie. 

I look like a goof but T Rex is huge. LOL 

After being silly and taking pics with the dinos 
We Continued on the road and went through the Wind farms 
Yes they harvest WIND here. 
It is about 4 mines of just wind turbines. 

After a quick right to go north again we headed into the desert and what looked like a scene from The hills have eyes. 

My little Matrix has been a champ in the 115 degree heat and driving 8 hours a day. 

Through um yes you guessed it a whole lot of nothing. 


"We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert, When the Drugs began to take a hold of us."    LOL NOT REALLY BUT I HAD TO USE THAT LINE FROM FEAR AND LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS. Cause We were in BAT COUNTRY .
If you have never seen that movie than we probably shouldn't be friends. 
Back to us and the road trip now. 

We passed some Roads that i would almost pay someone to tell me how to pronounce the names of them  


It was nice to see a freeway again and signs of civilization considering we had driven 268 miles and could probably use a little gas. We pulled off in a small town called Baker and EEEKKKK 
Gas was a little more than i had expected but we had to fuel up to continue on. 
Shortly after we crossed into Nevada and counted down the miles to 
VIVA LAS VEGAS!!!!!!!!!

We Checked into CIRCUS CIRCUS 
I sort of like the creepy clowns and the $20 hotel rooms. 
Took B out to an all you can eat buffet complete with cotton candy 

We went and saw the sights 
Of the water show 

At the Bellagio 

Wandered by Paris 

Watched the Gondola's at The Venetian 

Played a few Penny Slots and Lost it all. 
Thank god our gambling Limits were $20 each. 
So losing it all isn't that bad when you didn't have much to start with 
But it was a fun night all in all. 
I am the worst gambler cause i don't give myself enough $$$$ to play with to really chance winning or losing too much. 

I had to apoligize to B that we didn't have any crazy stories like from the movie THE HANGOVER 
Mainly due to the fact that we each only had 1 drink all night in VEGAS. 

But then again after my last time in Vegas I think a mellow trip was just what the Doctor ordered on this one. 
I mean Last time i was in Vegas it resulted in a 3.5 Year long marriage. 
I knew i wasn't ending up married again but I'm sure dad would have been mad at me if B ended up married this time. 
So we headed back to our Room early 
and got a good night sleep so we could get up early and Have more adventures the next Day. 
Sweet Dreams and Thank you for following. 
I wonder what kind of excitement tomorrow has in store for Us. 
Till then track us with the little dot on the map above. 
It moves multiple times a day when i have reception and push the button. 





1 comment:

  1. Love following you tiff... Keep posting. Safe travels! Xo

    ReplyDelete