Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Morning and welcome to the beginning of my daily adventure update. 
You will notice the little dot on the map above will be moving every day to update our location and speed we are traveling at. I will also be updating every day Wi Fi permitting. 

Well lets begin And i apologize that today's is a little short but its just going to get better from here on out. 
Life has taken me to some strange yet amazing places since my last update. 


I swear my life has gone in 6 years of circles in 1 month. 
Ive ended up in happy places 
Ive ended up in places that I had wished i would never end up again. 
And have still learned a valuable lesson from each situation. 
After my last update I received a call from an Angel ....... Well Maybe not an Angel but Damn close. 
My friend Jenn called  asking where i was staying until i left town. 
My only answer i could give was Um everywhere. 
That wasn't an answer she was happy with and offered me the most comfortable bed in Southern California to lay my head on for a Few Days. 

I am so grateful .
And at the same time I got to spend time with Her too. 
Below is a picture of Jenn and I From our adventure to the mall where we discovered FREE PHOTO BOOTHS AND FREE SNOW CONES, Oh and FREE LUSH SAMPLES!!




I am so grateful on so many levels. 
Not Only did Jenn and her wonderful husband Matt welcome me into their home 
But they offered me some amazing advice, amazing company, and so much more. 
Thank You Jenn and Matt you two are Beyond Amazing. 

While staying with them i spent much of my spare time Plotting My Route Cross Country that I planned to take with my brother B. 
Dad and B had given me a small list of places That looked on the way that B wanted to check out on our way back east. So this is sort of what our Route is going to look like. 
with a few random stops along that solid line that looks like we aren't stopping for fun much. 
But trust me Fun is on the agenda every day. 

Here are some of the main attractions we plan on checking out On our drive across. 


While plotting my trip I figured i should Make sure my Car is Ok for this journey
As well as say good bye to some Friends before i leave. 
So i drove to the middle of no where 

Got my car a snazzy little Oil change and made sure her fluids were OK. 

My car was Gifted New shoes. 

You may ask yourself who in their right mind gifts Tires to a car? 
Well.........

Upon going to Lunch with an old friend who I haven't seen in 4 years,
I found out that his beloved girlfriend Layla had passed away about 6 months ago and he was just  getting back out and about in the world.
I used to help Ed take care of his girlfriend who was Ill 
I would drive out and spend time with her while he had to go to work. 
All of that aside. 
Her time had come way too soon and its so sad
But I'm proud he is slowly becoming ok with leaving the house and accepting the fact that it was her time.   

It was nice to chat with Ed over lunch and take time to remember good times with Layla.
Ed was very very sad to hear i was heading back east but told me he understood and knows i will keep in touch as i have over the past 4 years of being in NJ. 
He said he hope i make my way back out to Cali in the near future. 

After Lunch Ed asked how my tires were.
My response was the guy at Jiffy Lube says they look fine. 
Ed took a Peek and turned and looked at me like i was crazy. 
He didn't say anything besides just follow me. 
So with out asking questions i did. 
Well it turns out I REALLY DID NEED NEW TIRES EEEEEKKKKKK.....
Below is 

OLD       VS       NEW


THANK YOU ED FOR THE NEW SHOES FOR MADDIE THE MATRIX.
New shoe day is always the best. 

After getting new tires i raced back to Long Beach to go get my brother FINALLY!!!!!!
B got in 1 hour after sunset.
I was hoping he was going to get to see the sun set into the ocean but an hour late .

Once picking him up We headed straight to LA for dinner.
Starting the night out with a Huge Burger for him and some Cheese Squares for me. 
AT The Rainbow on the Sunset Strip. 

After dinner we took a stroll down Sunset Blvd together 
Wandering by the 

A few Pot Stores. 
NO WE DIDNT GO INTO THEM.....
But yes they are Real. 

Then The 

and then 

And a few other key places. It was a fun little Hobble/walk

From there we headed over to Hollywood Blvd Walk of Fame. 
We wandered Giggling about people who had stars and how they got them. 
B still wants to know how they figure out where your star goes and
 WHY DOES MICKEY MOUSE HAVE A STAR?

We also found Glenn Miller's Star. 

I took B over to The chinese Mann Theater 
To see where The stars have their hand and foot prints. 
B liked Clint Eastwoods. 



It was a fun night of Being tourists on a short  time line.
I wish i had like 2 more days with him in LA.
There is so much i want to show him that i love about Los Angeles. 
But for Now  
Off to a decent nights sleep so we can hit the road tomorrow. 
LET THE ADVENTURE BEGING AS WE HEAD EAST. 







No comments:

Post a Comment