Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A very big thank you is in Order to Danielle and Shawn for Hosting Thanksgiving Dinner and inviting us over. A Special Huge thank you to Danielle for Spending the Day cooking a Delicious Dinner For everyone.
Isn't she adorable too.

Here is a Picture of Dinner. Yumm.

It was a small get together But filled with Great people. Shawn, Danielle, Zay, John aka Pops, Brian and Myself . I took this picture without anyone knowing while i was outside smoking a cigg.
I wish i had a pic of Danielle's adorably Pregnant Belly. But its not visible in any of these pics. Sad panda.

Brian and I took care of dessert for the thanks giving feast. Brian Brought home a Loaf of Dave's Killer Bread Sin Dawg Bread. Its like a Cinnamon Roll of deliciousness. Which seemed to be a hit with everyone.

I made cherry short cakes pictured below.

I also made a Chocolate Cream Pie.

And i also made a from scratch Apple Pie. All desserts pictured below. YUMMMM.

Shawn Devoured The Chocolate Cream Pie. I say from the smile on his face i did an OK job.
From baking with Danielle I knew that was a fav of his so I had to make it.

This is all that was left of it by the time we departed and i think the damage to this pie was Shawn and Brian's doing.

My Apple Pie was so good. I must say i think i did an OK job for it being my first attempt.
The apples were soft and flavorful, The crust was perfect.

After dinner we hung out and enjoyed some TV time by the fire as the Turkey started to make us sleepy. It was a great night with great people. I am thankful for good friends.





The next day it was Back to Helping Tiffany with her move. This was actually moving day.
As in Moving Furniture from her apartment pictured above to her new condo. Please make note of the colors of the walls at her apartment below there will be a reference to it later on in this blog.

Lucky that she was moving from a studio and doesn't own much besides book. We Started our day off with a lil Starbucks. I love when Starbucks gives me a Tiffany in My cup of Coffee and this cup is so true. When we are together snowmen come to life .

This Huge TV was the biggest mission of the day but Brian and Tiffany managed to get it down the stairs n onto the truck. Thank god that is over. I hate moving.

Later on i decided to frame her. hehehehehe

on my way back from Helping move her in a sign reminded me that art fills the void. So i figured i need to incorporate more art into my day.

The next morning i met with Tiffany again to Begin Painting Her apartment back to white. Yes Remember the red walls above i told you to take note of. We had to use special paint that the rental agency uses standard in all the apartments to paint it back to the way it was before she moved in.
So i got a little creative in the process and painted pictures and messages on her walls in the process. You know making art fill the void. Yes i know I'm corny

First came a few coats of primer to try to hide the red. We started this project at about 11am Sunday morning.

We ran out of tape in the process so decided the new tenants will not need windows so we just painted them.
Scraping this later will not be fun.

The walls in the main living space, The kitchen and the Trim all took different paints. The Trim Paint was a nightmare. It was Miller semi gloss and sticky as hell. Look magic. Well maybe not. That is just the paint on her hand being so sticky that the bush stuck to it.

By about 2am we had made this much progress but were still seeing red spots shining thru the white. We decided to call it a night and try again the next day.

Dear Paint we are so not friends anymore.

Dear Miller I hate your paint.


We met again Monday afternoon to Finnish painting with a little help from Brian earlier in the day and then some help from Erica later in the day.
While Painting I felt a pinch on my chest and pulled down my shirt to find a bite mark and this red swollen spot on my chest. Even tho everyone told me to go to the ER that is not in my budget right now. So i took a benydryl in hopes it would help with the allergic reaction i was having to the bite.
Then I killed this so I'm guessing he was what bit me.

Regardless of the stabbing pain from the bite. The dizziness and the benydryl making me sleepy We finished Painting and cleaned up. DONE N DONE.

I'm happy i was free to lend her a hand cause it would have broke my heart to know she was alone dealing with this huge plate of insanity.
This huge moving and painting project also gave us a chance to share quality awesome time and lots of laughs and new stories to The Adventures of T&T. 
I love this lady.  


Then it was time for some much needed rest Since the benydryl was making the swelling and red go away but making me drowsy.

My Theory is


Now that Tiffany is all settled into her condo. Her apartment is back to the standards of the rental company. and her keys are handed in Its back to job hunting for me.

Brian now has even better of a work schedule with Fridays and Saturdays off finally.  He is still working 6:30pm till 3am which leaves his sleep schedule a lil off but, He is enjoying his new job and the new crew he works with. He even made a friend who lives not too far away that gives him a ride to and from work to save us money on gas. 


Our Savings account has officially hit ZERO. We are back to living paycheck to paycheck off Brian's pay. It barely covers the bills but I am thankful that with him working we are keeping our heads just above water. If someone out here would just give me a chance with some employment We would be OK. Thank god for the dollar store selling food and Brian getting lots of free bread from work.
I have too much pride to apply for food stamps and just keep praying that the New Year holds amazing opportunities for both of us.
 When Brian was brought on board with Nature Bake aka Dave's killer bread they told him if he does good there is a chance of being hired as permanent and getting a raise after 12 weeks. I keep Hoping that happens for him. Ive been counting down and as of now he has six weeks left.
Brian keeps joking hes going to claim 6 on his tax paper and get me some gold fish and a plant n give them all SS numbers to keep his checks. Which in reality we wouldn't do but its funny.

Its crazy to think what our bills in total are now are just a little more then my rent was when i was my own in California. I was also making alot more money doing photo shoots, modeling, working at bars and cocktail waitress in LA. its hard to wrap my mind around the fact that i was paying  LA Rent rates as well as a car payment, car insurance, a cell phone bill, Credit card bills, Student loans ,Food and what ever else SOLO.  I look back now and realize i was way over my head in bills. If i could do that back then and survive 6 1/2 years in LA. Then I'm sure i can figure out how to survive this time too. Just with a more reasonable realistic over head and a husband to help.

I keep driving by Christmas tree lots and dreaming of having a Christmas tree since we wont be able to fly home to be with our family for the holidays.  Hopefully i can find a good deal on a little tree along with $1 Christmas stockings and some lights. Thanks to both of our families we already have some decorations for the tree when we find it.

But right now On a brighter note I'm still grateful to be in a town that i strongly feel holds some good opportunities for me its just a matter of finding them. I am also grateful to have a roof over my head.

I would like to apologize to everyone in advance that i will be unable to mail home Christmas gifts for everyone due to the tight budget we are living on. I do have some stamps left so i will try to mail out some cards in place of gifts to let you all know you were in my thoughts for the holiday.

I have to much pride to ask for help n will figure this out.
I'm a tough cookie and have survived worse.

The thing that bothers me is i am determined, hard working, and am quick to learn things. Maybe my resume just sucks so they don't want to give me a chance. Or maybe its the opposite Maybe my resume is too good and they don't want to short me. Or maybe that is just me trying to stay positive. Honestly Right now I would take a seasonal min wage job just to pass the time and to help out with the bills. I would like to shoot higher but will settle for now a job is a job and the economy isn't the best.

My resume is only a list of positions Ive professionally held in the past few years  

Minus exact business names, My personal info, schools, Reference names and numbers. Since i don't feel that should be public knowledge. 
  This is sort of what my resume looks like.

To whomever this may concern,

I am seeking out to apply for the (Insert Position Here) position with your company.  I have an extensive, diverse work history that aides in my ability take on any task at hand and produce successful results.  From having continuously taking on new roles at different trades, I have become adept at seeing a situation from multiple viewpoints. This has given me the advantage of being able to bring together various views with a team and find the best solution for the task at hand. My successes in diverse backgrounds have given me much sought after traits. High pressure environments such as photography and videography have sharpened my problem solving skills and ability to adapt to continuously changing demands on the spot without having the luxury of a '2nd chance.'  Retail management has honed my customer service skills while mailroom distribution has sharpened my attention to detail. I am confident and determined to succeed at any task - especially new and unfamiliar ones.  I am able to multitask, and can work incredibly well under pressure. I am aware that my resume may not reflect much in the way of maintaining long term employment partially due to the job market and the economy,  I recently moved to Portland OR from NJ in search for better opportunities I am committed to establishing firm roots here.  My goal is procure long term, full time employment here in Portland.
Thank you for your time and consideration.

Best,

Name 
Address
Phone
Email


Objective
To secure a position where I can utilize my skills and experience. 

Employment

May 2011- August 2011
Production Manager, Assistant Photographer
Scout Locations according to clients requests. Setting appointments.
Duties Included set up and break down of video, photography, and lighting gear.
Live Stream Video of weddings and other events.
Photographing live events and studio stills for clients.
Using my creative abilities to obtain the most unique photographs to par the clients request.



Mar 2011 – May 2011
Mail Room Clerk, Temporary  Seasonal Position
Duties included manual insertion of Proxy Packages, 10k's, annual review's,
assisting machine operators, Open and distribute mail, open and handle
Stock Certificates, as well as open Checks to renew stocks.
Open business reply envelopes and separate different companies responses.
Reference letter available upon request


Aug 2009 – Mar 2011
Buyer, Merchandiser Manager
In this capacity, my responsibilities were Key Holder, Merchandise Buyer,
researching new products, acquiring new accounts. Designing ads, Stock
Photography, researching ad placement and setting up window and floor displays.
Also scheduled employees hours, received goods into inventory, loss prevention.
web design, web maintenance. Responsible for cash, in cash out and credit card sales.
Answering phones.Assisted customers through their shopping experience.


 Jan 2008 – Feb 2009
Manager
Responsible for opening and closing of retail store and paint ball fields.
Answering phones. Scheduled employees and referees. Maintained Re-ball/Paint Ball Field.
Also, responsible for cash registers, gear rentals, maintenance, stocking and re-distribution.

Education
Highschool
Sept 1995 – Jun 1999
General Education, Fashion, Art and Business Studies

College,
Sept 1999 – Jun 2001
Majored in Marketing, Art and Design
Minor in Photography


References




Now in your honest opinion am i missing something? Is my resume that bad? Feel free to message me or comment below. 

Should i put in there That i have a clean driving record, Or maybe that i have NO criminal background, Or maybe that i am fully capable of passing a drug test. ALL which are true.

Here is what my resume doesn't reflect.

When i was 18-20 i was a NANNY for my neighbors 3 kids ages 1,3,and 5. I was the only babysitter/nanny that the mother trusted to drive the kids anywhere/
Ps kids seem to like me, and listen to me. 
My friend Adrienne can vouch for that too.  

The elderly also seem to like me too. I was one of two 24/7 care givers for Brian's grandparents. and had to administer meds , cook, clean, change diapers and so on.

I worked at an Art and Craft store, I worked Stock at a Victoria Secret, I used to go to work with my mother and assist her with filing and other duties in air freight.
I worked at a Christmas tree lot selling Christmas trees and making wreathes and grave blankets.
I was a bartender at a lil shot and beer place in NJ. I was a waitress back in college. don't forget cocktail waitress at a club in Orange county California, Model, Pin up Photographer, Entertainer,
Assistant tour manager for national touring bands, Personal assiatant, PR for bands and models. Touring Freelance Photographer for national magazines specializing in Sports and Music.
Ive done Graphic Design for merch companies. And been responsible for bands merch orders from start to Finnish. Ive worked merch booths for bands on tour.
Ive done set up and break down for tattoo artists at conventions.
Ive been a helper at a screen printing companies warehouse.
Ive done pick pack work to help friends out with their business'.
Ive driven coast to coast at least 6 times most of those solo.
I helped many people make business connections on many levels.
Too bad i didn't get paid every time that happened. lol.
i am not scared to get my hands dirty as i have dug ditched to reroute water on friends property, Ive built sets for photo shoots. Ive take up carpet and tack strips

And i can go on for hours.
But I'm almost sure you don't want to read on about it. cause yes i know all of my sentences start with Ive done.

I may not be the best writer, a rocket scientist, and may not have a college degree but i am determined and will succeed at anything someone gives me a chance to try my hand at.

If i had the money and time i would go back to school but that is not an option right now. All i want is a chance to succeed and that will take someone giving me a chance to prove myself.

NOTE: I'm not writing this looking for pity. I am just being honest with what is going on, and i hope that maybe one day someone who wishes to take a leap of faith to start over on a new coast can read this and either not make the same mistakes as me . or maybe someone will read this and know they aren't alone and someone else went thru the same thing and that there is hope as long as you keep thinking positively. Cause my intention is to have this blog grow to be filled with lots of happiness and great accomplishment's come 2012 and beyond if not sooner.

Thank you for following my rambling and run on sentences. I appreciate you taking time out of your day to look at the words and pictures i post.

If you feel like sending some Christmas Cheer my way. I love surprises.

For now I'm off to search the Internet for employment opportunities and then do a little cleaning of my apartment and maybe take a relaxing bath to wash away the days stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment