Saturday, November 5, 2011

Dirty 30 and a Little Update on Life

Its Offical I turned the BIG 30  "It was 4:08 October 22nd 1981 she looked into my baby blues our lives had just began now its 30 years later and im thinking of all i have been thru." The words i quoted above were part of a poem my mom wrote me when i was 5 and she revises it every few years. She usually calls at 4:08 am on my birthday to read it to me. I had to include it in todays blog. Thank You

I have high hopes for this year but i must say i asked God for a place to call home of our own and a job for my 30th birthday. Maybe i should have been more specific but in a sense i got what i wanted. Im employeed even if part time for now, which we will get to later. And we have a cozy little apartment here in Portland Oregon.

My 30th birthday was a little depressing but i had good friends to share it with as well as the day after.  I would also like to say thank you to everyone who mailed me Sweet birthday cards that brought a sweet smile to my face.



My birthday itself was pretty chill. we ran errands, finally bought a little table and chairs set for our dining room. Nothing big just some where for the two of us to sit and eat and drink coffee with the option to fit one or two friends at with the purchase of fold up bar stools. The table and chairs are pictured below. Brians birthday gift to me was he put it together for me and allowed me to lay in the middle of the floor and do nothing like a big Kid. I finally opened an oregon bank account on my birthday. look at me being all grown up. After building a table and trying to take over the world. I dolled myself up and went to dinner with three amazing friends and Brian. Danielle, Shawn and Zay took me out to dinner at muu muu's in NW Portland. We enjoyed Great food , a few martinis and great company. It was a relaxing yet very happy night.


Upon arriving home I realized my birthday was soon coming to an end and i had yet to have any cake. I went into the kitchen and There was this bottle that my great friends RJ and Jess had given me as a going away gift that had been left behind and never opened. It said cake flavored so what the heck It soon Became my Offical Birthday Cake. I dont think i quite even put a dent in the bottle and the candel wouldnt float in it but it sure tasted just like cake.


The next morning we woke early to meet Tiffany and two of her friends for breakfast before a little T&T dynomite Adventures. Upon arriving to the dinner in NW we were introduced to Erica and Katie. Breakfast was amazing and there was lots of great conversation to be had as well as lots of coffee.

After fueling up on coffee and food we paid our bill and off to the adventure mobile better known as Maddie the Matrix. We Began heading west Thru such beautiful fall colored foliage. I began to feel at home.


About an hour down the road we arrived at Tillamook cheese factory. I love this place free Cheese Tasting, You can send Cheese mail!!!! lol it was awesome but we are so touristy or should i say Cheesey.  


We got to see how cheese is made and packaged.


I even got my favorite Pumpkin Ice Cream!!!!!


From there we decided to head north on The Oregon Coast 101 which is the PCH continued.
The coast here is beautiful . Lots of cliffs, Rocks, and amazing views.

About an hour north we arrive at Haystack Rock which is also known as Goonies rock. This was one of the locations used when they filmed the movie The Goonies.
Pictured below in order from left to right is Brian, Katie, Tiffany, and Erica. And of course i took the picture so am not in it.

But GOONIES NEVER DIE!!!!! sorry i had to.



Upon wandering around haystack rock we found amazing sea creatures. It was like an aquarium only nothing is behind glass and if your brave enough you can touch things. We for a bunch of starfish just hanging out on rocks. These star fish tho they dont look it in my picture below were bigger than my head and completely could have been a face hugger. I even got to pet a starfish knowing their teeth ate on the bottom i carefully ran my hand over their Spiney back they are rough like coral but extremely intresting. They had a strong grip on these rocks and would not allow me to pry it free to hold it.


we also found these sea urchants which i do not know w techinal name for but they were cool. We found these in many colors and sizes there were smaller bright pink ones and dark purple ones. if you poke these they squirt water at you and close up. it was extremely intresting to hear the weird noises they made too. It was like the discovery channel live.


and we finnished tourmenting and photographing the wild life we headed back to the car and drove a little farther north to a town called Astoria. Astoria is a a small little town along the river with an amazing view of Washington state. Here Erica took us to house from the goonies. In the movie this was the character Mikey from the Goonies House. Very cute house with an amazing view. Pictured below is Tiffany being amazing infront of the house.


On our way back down the hill i made a wrong turn and ended up at the school they filmed Kindergarten Cop at. Pictured Below. It is Not a Tumor!!! LOL sorry for the goofy movie quotes.


I must say astoria is a very cute and intresting little town all decorated for halloween.


Upon looking at my phone for the fasted directions back we discovered we had to cross the bridge into washington stateand follow the river east towards Vancouver then over to Portland so we did just that. Just then it statrted to grow dark


Once back in portland we dropped Katie off at her car and Erica, Tiffany, Brian and i headed to dinner. We finally got to try a Pho' Place in town. So tasty.
I must day it was a great day full of adventure.



The days to follow were filled with a little work at Macys starting at 5 and 6 am a little cleaning and some studying of the Oregon State drivers manual. Yup you read right it is time to take my written drivers test to offically become an Oregon State Resident. Upon reading the manual i learned that Oregon has some strange rules i needed to learn. I thought after one night of studying i was ready for the test. I woke the next day and dolled myself up and off to dmv. I paid the $5 for the test and to my disapointment I Failed. Now i have driven more miles then 1/2 the people in that dmv and yet i failed. I was so upset. But i headed back home to staudy more. The next morning i woke and rolled out of bed and took the practice test online 4 times. Back to DMV and lucky me i got the same guy that told me i failed. He asked what i had issues with last time and began explaining certain questions and unique laws to me. He also informed me of the question about a horse on the test and gave me the answer. From there he set me up on a computer and allowed me to plug in my head phones into it so i would be less distracted. I took my time since he also told me i was not being timed. This time i only got 3 wrong and Passed with a 90% i was so excited. From there i was sent to another desk where they punched a hole in my NJ drivers liscense and took my picture. Just then i was presented with a temp liscense made of paper and was told my new one would come in the mail in a few days. EEEEKKKK I guess its offical I am a resident of OREGON.


Halloween is creeping up on us and that means no pumpkin is safe in my presence.
Yup time to make pumpkin pies, pumpkin seeds and Carve pretty pictures into pumpkins.
Below is my Hello Kitty Pumpkin i made this year.


The same night i was carving pumpkins and enjoying fall i got a call from home that it was snowing in NJ. wow it just seems way to early for such weather but people included pics in texts to show me it really was snowing.


Brian even joined in the Pumpkin fun this year and carved me a scary little pumpkin for our front porch.


4 mini sweet baking pumpkins Gave me this many seeds to bake. Yummm I made spicy Seeds and shared them with friends for halloween treats.


Halloween Morning was brians first day at work. He had a start time of 4AM eeeekkk. so i was up at 2AM to take him to work. I cleaned the house and then decided due to our lack of Money to pick a halloween costume out of clothes i owned already. So I became a NEWS PAPER. EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT ME. Lol.


Upon Picking brian up at work at 1pm we came home made coffee and waited for my friend Tiffany. I made everyone Grandma's Special Treat that she used to make me after school. OPEN FACED RILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES. Yummm and i brewed up a pot of coffee for the three of us. From there i made my residency in oregon a lil more offical and purchesed Car ins and Renters ins. My insurance treated Tiffany and I to Pumpkin Lattes at Starbucks. Then we were off to look at flooring for Tiffanys new place. we ened the evening with some sushi and a stroll around loyd center. On the drive home we stole this awesome poster off a Telephone pole. Occupy Your Heart which sounds so sweet compaired to Occupy Portland. After dropping Tiffany off at her scooter i headed over to Danielle and Shawns to say Halloween Hellos.


I must say it was pretty cool to be able to put pumpkins on our front porch with out the fear of them ending up smashed in the the road. and these lil guys are still on my porch today.


The hours Brian is working at the bread factory is starting to get to both of us. I have been waking at 2am every day to drive him to work but with the pay he is making paying our bills seems a lil more possiable. You may ask what Bread Factory? Well he is making Daves Killer Bread. Its a healthy bread. For more info feel free to google it. Daves story is pretty intresting and the bread is The best bread i have ever tried. But i am going to save going into detail about working at daves till my next blog.
Below is a picture of me vegging on my pretend couch. One day i swear we will have a real couch.


Due to The Perks of working at Daves such as $10ph pay a full 40 hour schedule and 2 FREE Loafs of bread every day you work.  i decided to go on an interview with them too since i seem to only be making $50 a week working at Macy's. Well I got the job and i dont think we will have to buy bread for a while and im begining to stock pile it in our freezer.



On a completely other note I figured i would explain Why i have Deleted Facebook off my phone and have been deleting Photo Albums off Facebook.

To start i randomly began getting Charges on my Credit Card from facebook which i think is weird since i never gave them my CC# nor do i play games on there. I am also sick of the privacy settings changing every other day. My phone # somehow became public from me having FB on my phone and i started getting strange phone calls from people i do not know. All of a sudden people I had blocked were some how commenting on my photos and friends of friends were commenting on my photos and posts. I am not pleased with the new layout and find it quite confusing. With Facebook mobile i found my self constantly stareing at my phone and impulse posting when i was unhappy and then was unable to delete things later. I fiugure if my life was going to be PUBLIC once again it would be my choice where and what i made public. I choose to just keep my blog Here and update it when i had time so i could put more thought into what i posted. So dont be suprised if i deactivate my facebook account very soon.


Every day is still a constant battle in my head Trying to figure alot of things out.
I still battle with a little depression from Missing My AMAZING Family Back east in NJ.
As well as my AMAZING Friends and their children.

I am a tough cookie and will survive if its the last thing i do. I have an amazing man standing by my side to help me along the way. All of this is a HUGE Learning experience and we only hope the Future holds great things for both of us for making thru these rough times.

The main thing i have learned right now is I dont have anything to run from anymore and i have made peace with myself. The hardest Thing to come is Not being able to make it home for Christmas to be with my Family for the first time in my life. Grandma if your reading this im sorry and i am going to mail yu a letter which i plan on writing as soon as i finnish this. And Faith and Arianna I hate not keeping my word to such amazing children But I promise i will be back to see you both as soon as we can get time off and aford a ticket back.

Once again I am beyond grateful for brian cause atleast i have him as family to spend every holiday with for the rest of my life. But i see a lesson to be learned from not being able to be with the ones we love most for the holidays.

I love you all and thank you for reading this long over due Extremely long and Picture Filled Blog. More updates coming soon.

And if you feel like sending us any Birthday or House Warming goodies I put a link to My wish list below.
You dont need to know my address for the items to make it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment