Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tieing up Loose Ends & Routing our Trip

Last night had a Great Goodbye Dinner with Dad and Fran at
Im going to miss them both. I even gave them back my House key.

So far today
I have been tieing up loose ends, Putting in change of adress forms all over the place.
I stopped by my previous temp job to say goodbye to the 2 wonderful ladies i worked with there.
 I found a new home for my loved aloe plant that i cant take with me.
Ps Thank You Adrienne for taking my favorite plant.
Besides all that fun stuff listed above
we have been doing the very last of our packing its scary that the picture below is what our life boils down to.
A Tent, some hiking stuff  a bunch of boxes and  my husband.
all we have left to pack is a fan 2 lamps and our comforter.
Its crazy to think we only have 2 days till our stuff gets loaded onto a truck and heads west to meet us out there in California.

                        Next on the list to do is to figure out how to kidnap courtney and take her with us.
                          13 years of her going MIA from my life and im scared of that happening again.
                                Shes like the sister i always wanted. And i just got her  back in my life.
Ps shes going to kill me for using this picture of her hiking. But i like it cause she looks like she belongs
                                                                         on survivor.

Now to map out Our route From NJ to Cali before we Pack up the giant map on our wall.
So far its seeming like I-80 is the main road that will get us out of Jersey The fastest.
Ah how i dread I-80
For those of you who dont know these are the states I-80 will take us thru. We both have done this drive too many times. I think we may need some side adventures to keep everyone including ourselves intrested in both this blog and the road trip.

I think since we have to go thru IOWA a pit stop to visit Shorts is in order.
For those of you who dont know who shorts is here is a lil insight.
While brian was hiking the Appalachian Trail from Georgia to Maine in 2010
He met many many many amazing people. Shorts was one of them.
On our last road trip of the I-80 to I-90 loop we made a pit stop to see shorts and offically became the 1st of the AT people he met to come visit. We were informed that we will not be the 1st AT friends to making a returning visit but shorts is still awesome and i cant wait to see him.


After visiting shorts We are considering a Stop and some hiking at The Rocky Mountain National Park which im sure will be followed by an overload of pictures.


After Rocky Mt National Park we were thinking a day of hiking at Arches National Park in Utah.
I have been told Arches is a Must see so why not.


After arches I think Yosemite would be an awesome stop since i have seen the salt flats and Brian and i went to Antelope island in salt lake last year.
Brian swears he is getting me to climb half dome but we shall see.

And im guessing that after Yosemite we will be beat from hiking and finally head to see our new home. Im guessing with in the 1st week of being in California we will go see the golden gate bridge and Alcatraz too.

Now that our trip is planned the boxes are packed and my belly is full.
I believe some relaxing is in order and maybe a few Goodbye Drinks with friends Later tonight.

Let the Count Down Begin
August 1st We hit the road.


No comments:

Post a Comment