Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Good step forward and my Xmas Spider


So I figured i would give you a mini update since Ive been been Hard at work on some good things.
I decided since I'm not having alot of luck with retail and desk jobs that i would take the next step to try something New. I'm trying to keep hope and figure out whats next to I have been studying The food handlers Manual to take my food handlers test so maybe i can get a waitress job.
So i read the book a few times and took the online class and

Decided to take the test. And i Passed now i just need a printer to print my certificate.

Then i decided why stop there. Why not take the steps to see if i can be a bartender and Handel booze.
So i signed up for the ASE (Alcohol Servers Education) Online Class
This thing was pretty extensive. It taught me all of Oregon's Weird and strict Liquor laws. 
I love the disclaimer at the beginning of the class. 
 
This screen cap shows one of the things i would have suspected should be a law and isn't.
In the state of Oregon it is NOT Illegal to serve liquor to a Pregnant woman.

I now know where my liver is.

And i now know how to spot a drunk person.

I think the main thing i learned during this test while taking notes is how to spell ALCOHOL without using spell check.
And after lots of time reading and studying I took my OLCC (Oregon Liquor Control Commission) Test
I got 100% on the practice tests and know i passed the Final exam.
I got this after completing the test and now play the waiting game for my post card with test score which takes a few weeks.
Now to come up with the other $24 to go down to the OLCC office and get my Temp Permit signed so i can go get a job hopefully.

I know there has to be a waitress or bar tending job for me out there.
The picture below is me trying to look cute and be hopeful.
In other news Brian and i have yet to get a star or angel for our Christmas tree.
This morning i decided To go over and look at our tree and noticed a web from the top of the tree to a lower branch that looked like a thin silk skirt of an angel i looked closer and there was a little spider hard at work building me a Christmas angel. 
When he noticed me he hurried to the top of the tree and perched on the top branch and stood up. 
Sort of like he was showing me he was the king of the tree. 
So i guess there is no Christmas angel for me this year instead we are going for a more unique and nature like look with a Christmas Spider topping my tree. He seems like he is content on top of my tree and has no interest in eating me. So i say he can stay for now as long as he keeps working on my silk web angel. 
Brian is not too fond of my decision but is too scared to kill it. 

Here's to hoping this doesn't end like the story of the snake and the lady. 

We finally Had a few pictures printed out To fill our empty frames. Brian decided he wanted the one frame filled with pictures of us at natural parks. So here it is pictured below.


And since we don't really have a favorite wedding picture we decided to put my baby panther in this frame for now. May she Rest in Peace. She really was the best cat ever. I miss her alot.
 

I'm not going to lie it is getting really cold here in Portland. the average temp here has been around 39 degrees with sunny skies. I am scared to see my next months gas bill cause the heat has been running non stop. I realized That if i close the bathroom door and the bedroom door the heat sort of stays in the main living space and doesn't kick on as often. But in turn the bedroom and bathroom are freezing now. We had to dig out an extra blanket to sleep at night too.
I am thinking if i invested in some good curtains it may help the heat stay in here instead of escaping thru my old old windows.
If you put your hand at the top of the bottom window pane you can feel the draft which is the problem but since its a rental we really cant do much about it.

Today I'm going to clean the bathroom, kitchen and all the windows with Zep mold removing bleach solution cause i noticed that due to the cold humidity, the cold outside, the cold draft coming thru our windows and the heat in here my windows and bathroom window sill tend to sweat and in turn are getting fuzzy with mold. so it is time to put a stop to that. And my kitchen and bathroom could use a good bleaching while I'm in the cleaning spirit. 

Besides the fuzzy sweating windows i am finally getting comfy in our new home.
And starting to feel at home in Portland.
I may not have money to do much but Just the fact that this town has life
This town has art and soul too.
All of this makes me happy and gives me hope.

I just looked at the calendar and realized its 18 days till Christmas.
We will not be having a big dinner, we will not be surrounded by family, there will be no mountain of presents under the tree and all of our friends are heading home to their families for the holidays.

I know we will be able to skype our families But I'm trying to think of something fun for us to do to make this Christmas memorable in a good way on our tiny budget.

I know i would love to drive up hood n see snow for Christmas and maybe build a snowman but i don't know if its a good idea to drive up there in my car without chains or snow tires.
And i hear there is a train but don't know if we have enough money to take it.

Most business' are closed on Christmas too.

If anyone has any fun suggestions please post them. 

Till next time
Thank you for reading
I'm off to clean.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment